Friday, March 6, 2009

Don't like to Sweat!

All my life I haven't liked to sweat. I always knew when I wanted to stop, because I don't like to sweat. But, the measure of how hard I am working is that very thing. I called my husband this morning after I had worked out and told him this is the first time in my entire life that I have had sweat coming through my shirt on my chest. He couldn't believe it, but it was true.

I am the late starter and have only been doing this for 10 days, but I am so proud of myself and have been making such good progress. My trainer Kelli is great and so encouraging. The first day on the elliptical, I thought my knees were on fire. After my first workout, my head felt like it had way too much oxygen inside-and I had a migraine afterwards. I have very bad feet, (I've had my right great toe amputated due to melanoma, I have had a nerve cut that goes down my entire right leg into my foot, and have had a neuroma removed leaving my third and fourth toe very numb)but Traci told me to go to the Running Corner and get fitted for some good shoes. They were great and even taught me to lace them differently. My feet haven't hurt at all.

Today after I worked out, I wasn't so exhausted that I could hardly continue. I know that this is so good for me, and it has given me so much enthusiasm in all areas of my life. I feel mentally better-so much of this physical stuff is mental. I am feeling better physically everyday. This opportunity is a gift for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment