Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Journey

Well, we all know that we are supposed to 'enjoy the journey'. And I really have been enjoying this journey. The entire process has been very enlightening to me. It is interesting to know that eliminating the "sweets" can decrease the calories so much. There is more than plenty of food to eat within the limits of my diet if I am selective about which ones I choose. Still, when available, that pie and cake and cookies and candy are sooo inviting and irresistible.

I am surprised how good I feel mentally about being able to follow the guidelines for the diet and for my exercise. I am really proud of myself. The weight loss has been quite a lot slower this week, and that made the journey more fun. But I'm in this for the long haul, not just the 100 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment